Technics SP-10 MK2 Brake Solenoid

For now, I’ve decided to do some simple fixes for the rubber bumpers on the brake solenoid.

I discovered that some rubber grommets I had were of the right O.D., and very nearly the correct I.D.  I cut the center piece out and tried to neatly trim it to the correct thickness.  For the other piece, I cut a rectangular piece of 3/16″ polyurethane, 20a durometer, I had laying around.

IMG_0524

IMG_0525

 

I still need to trim the rectangular bumper a little bit. You want to achieve maximum throw so the brake band is pushed as far away from the motor hub as possible to prevent rubbing, and allow maximum braking. I’ve no rub, but the braking action could be better.

IMG_0526